Tuesday, July 26, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 20

Day 20 – The meaning behind your blog name

my old logo and site design

When I first started my blog back in January of 2009 (wow!) I went with the name Tried & Truth Beauty.  This post explains why I started the blog and why the name but if you do not feel like reading that right now (I invite you to return to it later) then the quick response is I liked to try products and be real about how I felt about the products.

Fast forward to today, over 2 years later and the blog has had a few facelifts (click here to find out why) and I have had a chance to see what works and what does not. (I need to bring back some of those old topics!)  Most importantly I realized that just doing beauty reviews didn't really work for me, nor did it work for my visitors either.  Some like the reviews, some like the makeup artist info, some like to know whats going on with me, some want to know about my loc journey, etc. etc. etc.

So I changed the name to just Shana Janelle.  Its just me, no fluff, no fan fare.  I will cover a number of things on here, mostly beauty but various things will pop up that I want to share.  Hope this explains it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive