Saturday, November 27, 2010

Inspired FOTD - Lauryn Hill in Ex Factor



When Lauryn Hill first exploded onto the scene I was ALL IN!  I would stare intently at her look in videos, movies and magazines.  We were never exposed to a beauty of her caliber and I wanted to soak up every bit of it.

One of my most favorite songs and videos of Ms. Hill is 'Ex-Factor'.  You are pretty hard pressed to find a still close up of her look in this vid I guess because of the effects used in the video, if you recall it has a very dark and ethereal look to it.  A couple of weeks ago on the Billy Brasfield Fan page a color image of Ms. Hill was posted and I was reminded at once of how much I loved the look.  Fast forward to this week when I went out for dinner and drinks with my friends.  The blues were calling me (shadows that is) so I went with it.  The lighting in my room has a mind of its own so the pics I took of the look kinda reminded me of the video look.

I did record the look BUT the camera cut off before the end AND I lost the first part of the vid.  Ah, good times.  Anyway, here is how the look came out...

As you can see I went with a lighter lip.  Scuse' the boobage - they do their own thing at times.

2 comments:

Blog Archive