Friday, January 22, 2010

Believe the Hype - Yes Another Sigma Makeup Post

I finally gave into the hoopla and purchased a set of Sigma Makeup Brushes


I picked this one because I really dont need another brush roll honestly



Now I have watched plenty of videos from YouTube gurus, read many a post from beauty bloggers on these and most of them said that they were sent the brushes from Sigma.  Although they swore to me that the free brushes didnt sway their opinion I honestly didnt feel I could trust them 100%.  I also have read posts and seen videos about those who said they couldnt support a company that blatantly stole from another company.  Now, let us be clear -  I paid for these brushes out of my pocket with my own money - so trust me when I tell you that these brushes are awesome!  Yes they are just as good as the name brand brushes they emulate and YES they are a WHOLE lot cheaper!  As a self-confessed brush fanatic who spares no expense when it comes to getting a brush that I MUST have I can attest to the quality of these brushes.  I have used them for a good 3 weeks now, deep cleaned, spot cleaned - tried and true, through and through - THEY ROCK!  Whether you are just starting as an MUA or if you are a seasoned professional you need to have these. 

As for the negativity surrounding Sigma's sales approach - I really could care less.  I mean there isnt really too much you can do in the beauty industry without taking from another company.  I mean a brown shadow, is a brown shadow is a brown shadow all day long.  You dont hear anybody complaning about that right?  To each his/her own.  While I will pay for what I want, I do love a bargain and I will be buying more from Sigma in the way of brushes.  I tried Sigma Makeup Brushes and the truth is - I loved them and I will repurchase and I have spread the word about how great they are and I will continue to do so.  Give their shadows a try too - they sent me a great smokey grey shadow as a GWP that I adore.

6 comments:

  1. Great post. I give in yesterday and I can't wait to get my set of brushes. Definitely a bargain and worth a look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @LilBiuty - oh I KNOW you will love them. Cant wait to read what you thought about them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Sigma brushes are wonderful, and such a great value! (I paid for mine as well) I also must mention, their customer service is great. My brushes were not delivered to me (although the post office tracking system stated they delivered them). I contacted Sigma and told them my dilemma and they sent out another set of brushes immediately! I had a great experience with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Krystal - oh wow that is wonderful! Good to know - Im getting another set tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i initially put myself on the waiting list to get some when they were growing and couldn't meet their demand, but i never ordered. now i must since you and nikkia are still raving about them!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive