Saturday, January 23, 2010

#NaturalHair Update - from even steven to TWA

I know initially I said I was going to update on my hair progress each month but to be honest I havent really done much to it besides watch it change over time because I keep it under a wig so as not to hinder its growth or journey.  To see how it looked when I first chopped it off (for like the fourth or fifth time) go here.

Well I have been reading various natural hair blogs (which are amazing by the way) and saving tons of inspiration photos for styles that I want to try and natural hair that moves me somehow so yesterday I decided to have a looksie at my own hair.  I thought to myself ok thats it, I am tired of this wig and I know I wanted to wait until summer to debut my natural hair but no time like the present!  Here is how my hair looks now:


shrinkage of course



But there is some length there



See?






my round face :-)



Lets try some styling options...never mind my crazy look here



another styling option...and yes I did all of this in the same time frame - about 30 mins tops



let's add flair - this was my fav style attempt




close up to try to show texture - not sure if it worked



close up of the twist pin up thing I tried

So the jury is still out on whether I will take the plunge and wear it out - while I like it I am afraid of what I will do to it.  I start to get antsy after a while and think oh let me add some color or let me try this and I dont want to hinder the progress that I have made thus far.  I need to go to the theatre art supply store today so I guess I have a few hours to decide huh?

STAY TUNED!

4 comments:

  1. It has really grown out! I like it! Release it from the wig and let it go it's own way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wear it out! it's one of the many ways to wear your versatile hair styles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute!
    when i was that length i went straight to the hair brading shop and got kinky twists. i kinda regret not wearing my hair at that length! it looks beautiful on u

    ReplyDelete
  4. @nicetyone - well you know how it turned out - if its not out its under a hat but at least no more wiggy poo!

    @yummy - I did! thanks for the encouragement as always!

    @Jelissa - thank you so much! I am learning to love it.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive