Saturday, July 28, 2012

Review Bzz...-Smooth n Shine Keratin Power

As a bzzagent I was sent the Smooth n Shine Keratin Power to try and review. Now obviously I have locs and Sam the Girl has natural hair and is only 4 years old so in steps my mom as my guinea pig, albeit a very willing one.

Here is what Smooth n Shine says about the product:

A gentler, more manageable approach to taming your curls and frizz than relaxing. Keratin 4 + Aloe breakthrough chemistry offers lasting versatility, giving you the KERATIN POWER to choose whether you want to wear hair styled straight or "wash & go" manageable curls after one use! Transforms hair with up to 5X less damage than relaxers and *lasts up to 6 weeks on treated growth (or 5 washes)! This treatment is a gentle, semi-permanent taming product that won't damage hair structure by breaking hair bonds the way other permanent chemical treatments do, and will have a gradual and cumulative effect the more you use it! Great for root touch ups (not a root straightener) or taming in between relaxer use.

My mom was really pleased at the results of this product so I can't argue with that. I will however say that as of today her hair is a bit unkempt. The way they get around that is by saying results lasts UP TO 6 weeks...how clever...i think the time I used the flat iron on her hair yielded better results and it was much more easy and didn't smell as bad as this stuff did. If it was as bothersome for me to apply to someone else I can't see how anyone could apply it to themselves without running into some issues...did I mention the smell? Oh ok.

My mother did say she would use it again if need be in between her salon visits, I doubt I will be the one helping her to apply it however. I give this product a 2 out of 10 and that's only because she said she liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive