Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Beauty Buzz: StyleCaster presents-Model Citizen: A Selection of Portraits by Doug Inglish

At one point in my life I was totally consumed with the fashion industry.  Back in the days of MTVs House of Style with hosts like Cindy Crawford and Todd Oldham (this is where I first learned about the iconic Kevyn Aucoin) , Jeanne Beker on Fashion Television, The Isaac Mizrahi Show, and Lauren Ezersky's Behind the Velvet Ropes, I could go on and on.  I knew most if not all the designers and models names, both male and female and was surprised when I attended FIT and a lot of my classmates had no clue!  One of my favorite models at the time was Jenny Shimizu, not only was she gorgeous, epitomizing unconventional beauty but she was bold, sporting tattoos and closely shaven head.  I admired her ability to be herself in an industry that keeps you under a microscope. 



I was pleased to learn that she is featured in this new editorial presented by StyleCaster that focuses on models who have raised the bar with their philanthropic efforts.  Shimizu says "Its a lot of power to be a model, having this much...access to reach people on different countries and all over the world...why not use some of this...power for good, rather than be just a beautiful girl in a magazine."

The models were "painted" by make up artist Jenna Menard who was named the Global Colour Artist for Clinique in 2011 and was assisted by makeup artist Lucie Nguyen

You can view the cover story here as well as behind the scenes video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive