Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Loc Rocker Freeform Summer Challenge Update









So the last time I received loc maintenance was June 10th at the hands of my loctician. Since then Ive washed my hair a few times but I haven't re-twisted my hair at all. I set it, pinned it up and tried pipe cleaner curls, that's it.

I am happy to say that so far Ive had no issues. What works best for me is to introduce even more texture to my already highly textured hair. By that I mean using styles that add additional texture by way of curls, bends or crinkles lets me ignore the fact that I have new growth.

The images show the results of how I set my hair last night using perm rods and aloe vera gel. My hair wasn't wet when I set it but I did apply a generous amount of the aloe vera so my locs still needed to dry. This morning when I took the rods out some of my hair was still wet so some of the curls fell but other than that I love how it turned out and I think I'm doing pretty well with the free-forming challenge.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive