Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Diary of an MUA: Bridal Beauty with Kalisha

I had the pleasure of doing bridal makeup for Kalisha a week or so ago.  During her trial she was soft spoken but knew exactly what she wanted out of her look...or so we thought!  LOL  You see Kalisha was adamant that she wanted a natural look, like herself but a bit more polished.  So that is what I gave her...with a little bit more that I tried to sneak in.  Oh but Kalisha was having none of that - she had me tone it down even more until she was completely satisfied.  She sent me a text later on that her fiance' gave his seal of approval saying that she looked like herself but professional.  LOL  I love them together.  She surprised me on her wedding day by saying she wanted to pump it up a bit for the big day - she wanted a smoky look but no black!  LOL  So that's what we did.  She sent me a message on Facebook saying that everyone loved the makeup I did for her, her sister (bridesmaid) and the flower girl, so much so that even her grandfather commented on how nice it looked!  Well if that isnt a seal of approval I don't know what is!  :)

Now don't let that recap fool you, though Kalisha knew what she wanted, she never once was demanding.  I felt very calm in working with her both during the trial and on her wedding day.  I was very thankful for that because normally I have to calm brides down when their nerves get the better of them.  I hope to exude that same level of inward peace on my own wedding day.

Another thing I hope to get from Kalisha is the name of her videographer!!!  I am in love with this video and wanted to share it here with you all.  Isnt it beautiful?  I have watched it quite a few times now and it puts the biggest smile on my face.  Their love is captured in the best way.  Enjoy!



Patrick + Kalisha || Wedding Highlight from emelo5678 on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Blog Archive