Monday, June 14, 2010

Bridal Beauty: Traditional Glamour

I received a referral for a bridal client this past week from the company Sweet Marital Bliss.  They will actually be doing the videography for the wedding.  I was at their wedding many moons ago and cant wait to work with them in this capacity! The bride will be getting married this coming weekend and while she liked the look she got from a previous MUA trial, she was looking for a bit more pop. 

I asked her a series of questions to get a feel for her day and her usual makeup routine and decided upon a look that I thought would suit her needs.

Her skin was pretty much clear of blemishes, her only issue was skin sensitivity and dryness in certain areas.  She had just cleansed her face and hadnt applied any moisturizer and actually admitted that she doesnt use it.  I told her that was a no no, and suggested some products that would be beneficial without causing skin irritation.  That day I used Origins Zero Oil lotion.  I followed the moisturizer with MAC Prep + Prime.
MAC Prep + Prime Skin Base 30ml/1.0oz
For her foundation application I used my Graftobian Warm Palette (LOVE)-I mixed Sienna and Pecan to come up with her color.  Prior to starting her makeup application I asked her if she wore makeup everyday and she said she did and her foundation of choice was Flori Roberts.  While she liked the coverage it gave she complained that it has a tendency to go a bit orange on her so I kept that in mind when mixing her custom color.  Under her eyes I used my Graftobian Dark Corrector Wheel (the orange color) which worked perfectly!  Definitely a must have for my MUA readers or just anyone in general.  I set her foundation with MAC MSF in Deep Dark.

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Deep Dark

When I do a bridal trial I do a full face foundation application but only do one eye so the bride can adjust if need be, we also try different lip looks.  For her shadow application I used a white foundation by MAC to make her lid pop more and applied a peachy champagne color that I cant think of the name of at the moment.  In her crease I used MAC Brown Down and Carbon to add more depth.  I lined her eyes first with Carbon and Embark mixed then went over it with Blacktrack Fluidline. 

MAC Fluidline Eye Liner Gel Blacktrack

On her cheeks I used a bit of NARS Exhibit A and it was just the right amount.  Everyone know that blush can be scary but its magic on women of color.

On her lips we tried two looks.  A more neutral brown and gold tone and then a deep plum gloss.  Now on to the pics!


Well she was happy with her look so I booked the wedding!  :-)  Luckily she was happy BEFORE I got sick...yeah I got like violently ill while at the consult.  I actually woke up sick but refused to not show or call and cancel.  She was very nice about the whole thing but had it happened prior to me finishing the first half of the consult I am almost certain there wouldve been a different outcome.  Muy embarrassing...anywho, as soon as I get pro images I will share! 

**Graftobian was kind enough to send me the dark corrector wheel to review.  All other products mentioned were purchased by me**

4 comments:

  1. Get it, girl. =)

    I keep hearing about these Graftobian palettes, so they must be the business. Let the saving begin! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a beautiful job. I have a wedding coming up. I hope I do as well you did. You are really talented. You most definitely inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kissyface - yes I love my palettes. I ended up purchasing all four of them at once - I dont think you really need to do that. Just get the one palette in Warm and it usually works for just about everyone from the most fair to the deepest tone. Its only about $70 and a little def goes a long way. Happy Shopping!

    @G&S - I KNOW you will do well - claim it girl! Thank you so much, that really means a lot. We all should inspire each other. I have definitely been keeping up with you and Ms. Kissy Face up there and I am loving the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the work! Was she the one you applied the individual lashes? They look great!!! You gotta teach a sistah how to do that, since I wasn't in the eyelash line when they were being dispensed LOL Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive