Monday, September 28, 2009

Diary of a Freelance MUA - last minute invitations

I am changing the title of my MUA posts because to me the way that you communicate your desires has an effect on those desires becoming a reality.  Those of you who've been keeping up with me since I started this particular blog know that I usually title these I Wanna Be an MUA - well I think that worked because now I feel totally able to say that I am now a freelance make up artist.  No way have I accomplished my goals but each gig brings me that much closer. 

A few weeks ago I twittered about an amazing meeting I had with a photographer in the area that turned out really well.  I had no idea at the time how well...I dont want to speak on it too much for fear of upsetting the universe and what may be in store but know that as SOON as I get confirmation you all will be among the first to know. 

That photographer contacted me this past Friday asking if I would be available for a shoot Sunday...I had BIG plans for Sunday - a birthday brunch for a friend and a brunch with my fellow Pretty Committee members, already had the sitter lined up, outfits planned, the wheels were in motion.  To make a long story short, a lot of back and forth took place - I am needed for the shoot, Im not needed, ok Im needed again but do I go?  Do I let me friends down?  What if I dont live up to the expectations?  He's worked with WELL KNOWN MUA's, I am just little ol' me...I am telling yall when doubt creeps in it is a MUTHA to combat!  DONT LET IT GET THE BEST OF YOU!!!!  A stern talking to with a friend gave me the nice foot in the ass that I needed so all was confirmed and I did the shoot!

Again, I cant say what its for, who it was with, etc. right now, but stay tuned!  In the meantime here are some behind the scene shots...no Kia you cant click on them to enlarge!  LOL *hugs*


last minute hair touchups

stylist finishing one of my models


models in action (I had the guy and the blonde for this look-inspiration Greek Statues)




The Three Graces (inspiration for the photo above)


2 of my models for this particular shot


I PROMISE to update you as soon as I know the final outcome of this shoot.  :)

4 comments:

  1. Get it, Girl! I love reading that you doing it up! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww i feel special! i can't wait to hear the good news... and yes i can click to enlarge :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shana, yes it's a class being held on 11/22. $99 for professionals (10am-1pm) and $49 for the general public (4pm-7pm). Deposits are due now because of limited space/seats. The number to the institute is (202) 526-1400 ext. 18 ask to speak to Nicole Monts. Deposits are usually around $50. Let me know if you need any additional information. Keep doing your thing, you're on a roll for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @KissyFace - thank you honey! likewise to you, good work on the pageant - keep it up!

    @Kia - I'm all loud and wrong LOL and you should feel special, you rock! *hugs*

    @Tia - thank you for the info! I did call after I read your post and they called me back but we are playing phone tag. I will handle it today.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive