Monday, July 13, 2009

The Truth About Origins Skincare



So usually I wait until the end of the post to say what the truth is about a product Ive tried but lets shake things up around here shall we? I tried an entire skincare regimen from Origins in order to combat a bad breakout and the truth is it worked wonders!!!...along with a few edits along the way.

If you go back to the original post about my Origins Haul you can see all the items I purchased initially. I have since narrowed down my skincare routine to just four of the products on a regular basis with two used on occasion.
The routine: Modern Friction - this product is amazing! When I consulted with the Origins rep I was instructed to use it about three times a week and I have to admit that I use it way more than that. I wouldn't recommend my rogue tactics, of course I was on a serious mission when I started, tweak it to find what works for you. I use Modern Friction and Never a Dull Moment interchangeably as cleansers, again its not a mainstream way of doing things just what I found my skin liked. I wash in the morning and before I go to bed. I apply Modern Friction on my skin dry and rub in a circular motion very vigorously I then add a small amount of water to make it lather a little and rub again, I then rinse. My skin is very smooth and clean after this. I then use the United States toner with a cotton ball all over my face and neck. Lastly I apply Plantidote which my skin loves! It instantly calms my skin.

I did love the Spot Remover, so much so that I ran out, that is the ONLY reason why its not a part of my daily routine. I ended up revisiting my teenage years by picking up some Stridex pads to use in lieu of the spot remover. I use the pad before Plantidote and it did the trick.

Well the proof is in the pudding as they say so on to the photos!

In these photos I am a bit shiny but more importantly I am not wearing any makeup save for a bit of gloss! Prior to me getting serious about skincare you couldn't pay me to leave the house with a naked face. I still want to improve upon the overall texture and get rid of the hyperpigmentation but I am very happy with the results that Origin helped me to obtain. I highly recommend their products and definitely hope that you have incorporated skincare into your beauty fun, buying these products can be just as satisfying as the latest color launches, trust me!




2 comments:

  1. yay congrats! nothing feels better than knowing that your natural canvas is in shape. i haven't tried any origins products but i'll keep them on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely do that - they also have an artist program so look into that as well. If you need the info let me know.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive