Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I Wanna Be an MUA/Bevy of Beauties-FFF Week Edition!





Hello everyone! So as some of you may already be aware I had the wonderful opportunity to participate in the first ever Full Figured Fashion Week NYC as part of the makeup artist team. It was for the Designer Showcase and Networking opening event and took place at Club Blvd, NY. Many, many thanks to Tonya Giddens, of Devoe Signature Events for extending the opportunity, I am forever grateful.


The ladies pictured above are the models I had the pleasure of working with including "the original runway diva" Ms. Sharon Quinn who is the epitome of grace and beauty.


The look we were tasked with creating was "fresh and sexy". So I chose to focus on the skin. Flawless skin with a slight flush to the cheek and a semi-nude/nude lip. I used MAC Studio Tech and Studio Sculpt foundation, set with MAC Blot Powder, Laura Geller Baked Blush and I will have to come back with the lipcolor later, I know it was MAC and I can see the color in my mind but the name escapes me, probably because I depotted it and just have it in my palette. It is a universal color so I really want to let you all know. On top of that I applied Face Atelier Lip Glaze in Ice.


Check out what Newsweek had to say about FFF Week (this vid also features some of my models on the catwalk!)



Again I had a wonderful time, the day was made a bit somber with the passing of Michael Jackson (R.I.P.) but we still managed to have a good time dancing along to his music.


I have a feeling that this wont be the last you see/hear of Full Figured Fashion Week and I for one hope to be apart of it for years to come!









6 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to read that you got some great experience in. Keep it up. I love seeing a fellow aspiring MUA doing her thing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! What an exciting opportunity! You did a great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so darn great! I love the fact that you are doing big things. You are super talented. And the models are workin it! Look at the zebra ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you so much everyone! I am truly thankful for the blessings coming my way.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive