Tuesday, May 5, 2009

90's Girl Group Challenge!

Thanks to Amina for hosting this great challenge! Even though I grew up in the 80's I tend to relate more to the 70's and 90's. They share some similarities image wise so I guess its understandable.

The 90's were filled with many great talented girl groups: Allure, Jade, En Vogue (DUH!), 702, Zhane, Blaque, to name a few as well as a personal fave of mine: For Real!




These ladies burst on the scene in a major way! Their look was naturally beautiful and a break from the norm of the era...
STUNNING! And to top it off they could SANG! With a debut album titled "Its A Natural Thang" of course you know what their makeup consisted of...if it consisted of anything at all besides maybe a bit of powder, gloss and/or a neutral lip color. Dont you miss REALLY good music?


The ladies of For Real were beautiful but for the 90's Girl Group Challenge I chose to focus on another one of my faves: Total!



Back then Total could do no wrong in my eyes and I just KNEW I was Keisha, ok?! LOL I wore my hair in the same style, the dark almost black lipcolor and the extra dark glasses with my faux diamond earrings from the beauty supply store, HA! I chose to recreate the look from one of my favorite videos/songs from these lovely ladies:











Here is the look:
The pic doesnt show the eye color much but you can see it in the video. Beautiful right? Here's my interpretation:


I figured since I loved the look so much back then that I could revisit it, hence the haircut! Here's what I used:

FACE:
MAC Studio Tech NC50 (all over)
MAC Studio Tech NC42 (as highlight)
CoverGirl Queen Collection Bronzer Ebony Bronze
MAC Pressed Powder Dark
MAC Petticoat

EYES:
MAC Tilt
Urban Decay Club
MAC Carbon
Maybelline Lash Stylist mascara
MAC Penultimate liner Rapidblack
Milani Minerals Eye Pencil Black

LIPS:
MAC Lipstick - Coral Carbonate
Hard Candy Sweet Spot lipgloss-Love Child

Blog Archive