Wednesday, April 15, 2009

T&T Beauty Bummer: Adult Breakouts



oh woe is me! I try not to throw pity parties too often but I have been down in the dumps lately about my skin. I tried a product recently that I really did enjoy but my skin gave me a mean case of the blues because of it. I tried to blame the breakout on everything else but once I stopped using this particular item (which shall not be revealed in this post) my skin has been improving on the daily.

From Acne.org - According to a 2004 International Journal of Cosmetic Science article "Recent epidemiological studies show that there appears to be an increase in post-adolescent acne, and that the disease is lasting longer and is requiring treatment well into the mid forties." *long record scratch" Oh HELL no! Thats all we need on top of everything else going on. A huge NO THANK YOU! to that one. If it means I have to change every single aspect of my lifestyle I refuse to revisit puberty any longer than I had to back in the day. Im good, really.

In order to help the healing process along I stopped all face cosmetics *sigh* and upped my cleansing routine by incorporating a facial cleansing brush, no no, not that high priced whositwhatsit that everyone was on real hard for a while there (I love a bargain so until that bad boy offers one I will NOT be partaking), no my pretties I picked one up from my tried and true beauty supply store around the way.


I am still using my Neutrogena products, in particular the Clear Pore Cleanser Mask and toner, I discussed here, so I should be back to normal within a week...I hope!

6 comments:

  1. Girl, I feel you. I didn't get serious break-outs until I turned 21. 3 years later and I am STILL battling them something serious. I think I cried about it sometime last week. LOL, I ain't playin'....per MischoBeauty's suggestion, I am making an appt with a derm. I soooo want the Clarisonic but like you, I'm not spending that much money a brush. Pretika makes one for $30. I have it and it's pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you I have been getting quite a few pimples myself and I thought it was because I wasn't getting enough water. Well I'm getting in a good amount of water and yet the face monsters are still popping up. I have been using Clinque's emergency acne spot solution and it reall works but I just want healthy glowing skin without the extras. I say all this to say I feel you and hopefully this phase will pass soon. And I need to got and pick up one of those brushes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ B - I totally get it - I wanted to break down and cry too like ok WTF am I doing wrong??? I hit up MischoBeauty too back in January for a skincare regimen and until this latest upheaval I was doing well but like I said I am seeing clearer pastures now. :-D Good luck @ the derm!

    @ slvrlips - yeah the little brush does wonders - I love it. Thanks for the encouragement - it better pass soon! LOL I may have to look into the Pretika brush that B mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have about 4-5 new pimples on my face and two spots that turned into hyperpigmentation spots and have not gone away! i keep trying to overlook them and continue on doing what i regularly do but i don't want it to worsen =p

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm feelin' you. I've had breakouts off and on since my tween years...and I'm of a mature age now and got flareups recently. I've been on everything you can think of, from antibiotics to Accutane...they work up until the point that they don't. Both parents had problems with acne too. My most recent flareup is hormonal in nature but I need to get back to the derm to get back on a cleansing regimen. And yes, consume better quality foods and yes, drink less carbonated and sugar-filled drinks and more water.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ yummy - something has got to give! I know I cant keep putting up with this

    @nicetyone - yeah a lot of it can be attributed to diet and not to mention STRESS!!! We can really try to change some things like you said diet, cleansing regimen but the stress wont go away over night unfortunately...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive