Sunday, April 19, 2009

I Wanna Be An MUA - Eve Pearl Edition


So if you follow me on Twitter you may be aware that I was in New York yesterday. The reason being is because I mean who doesn't need a mini get away every once in a while but the main purpose was to attend the Advanced Hands On Seminar given by five time Emmy Award winning Makeup Artist Eve Pearl!

I was extremely nervous, knowing it would be a great opportunity to learn from one of the best in the business but to take something you are very passionate about and have it critiqued by someone of her caliber in front of fellow artists is enough to give a lady a good case of butterflies.

As we introduced ourselves around the room it became clear that we all shared one common goal - to improve our speed-I know there have been times Ive been on set, just me and I have to get a number of people ready to go on camera and there is like no time. You get it done but you also second guess yourself because you feel like you may have forgotten something or could have done something better. Well, with the Eve Pearl method she minimizes that apprehension.

The seminar began with her giving us a glimpse of her world through candid storytelling of backstabbing, sabotage, and celebrity shenanigans but not in a TMZ kinda way. I took it as her way of reiterating the importance of professionalism no matter what.

Eve then took us through her method step by step. Her kit is amazing, this teeny tiny little thing but it holds everything you need to get the job done. It definitely has me rethinking the massive case I tug along to gigs.

Once she showed us the method we then had to do it ourselves on models who are students from the Makeup Designory. I lucked up with a model who looked just like Whitney Port. When I told her so she thought her friends had told me to say that to her. LOL Once we were finished Eve came around to critique and the only thing she said to me was "great job!" WHOO HOO! The sense of accomplishment I felt is indescribable. A professional photographer took shots of our models, along with us with our models and they will email them to us. Of course I will definitely share with you once I receive them.

All in all I had a great time. I learned a lot and I highly recommend the seminar for those just starting out or for those who want a refresher course. Her products are amazing and so is she! I will be doing a vid to show you the products and also what ten tools you need to complete the look that will work for anyone.

1 comment:

  1. i had no idea you were going! for the makeup show nyc, she's supposed to have a critiquing type workshop i think. i def want to do it if the info is confirmed.. headed to the makeup show's website! fab experience!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive