Saturday, March 21, 2009

There’s More To LA Than Makeup…

 

Oh there is?!  No, just kidding.  I really did do some other things while in LA.  Let’s take a look shall we?

Here is a mini vid of the architecture at our hotel – The Millennium Biltmore.  If you ever get a chance please stop by.  Its an historic location complete with huge images of old Hollywood throughout its corridors.  I loved it and as beauty lover I think you will to because it truly is a site to behold.

Here is a look I did before “the sig” and I went to a wonderful restaurant by the name of Ciudad:

DSCN1887

DSCN1888

If you really wanna know what I'm wearing I can look through my stuff to try and jog my memory but as I type this it totally escapes me.  I got the scarf while in LA from a store called Muzer.  Great accessories for a great price and the staff was uber nice.  Yall see that Maybelline Lash Stylist working OT on my lashes?  Gosh I love that mascara!  *swoon*

Ok back to the food.  The concierge at our hotel suggested Ciudad which was within walking distance so we got a little jazzed up and made our way.

It was very nice inside, a modern decor illuminated with candlelight.  We started off our meal with the pomegranate margarita (we LOVE margaritas said like MAH-GAH-DEE-TAHS LOL).  I'm lunchin’ sorry.

 

DSCN1901

Complimentary hummus and tapenade

DSCN1900

Mahi Mahi Ceviche Appetizer

DSCN1902

Carnitas entree (me)

DSCN1903

I didnt get any pics of “the sig’s” steak but it was quite tasty; all of the food was in fact.  We went back to our room full and satisfied.

The next morning we made our way to The Hilton’s Checkers Restaurant (not the burger and hot dog place) for a delicious breakfast.  It may set you back a few but its so worth it.

I selected the French Toasted Brioche with Maple Walnut Butter.  *drool*

DSCN1904

Other places visited include The Grove, The Laugh Factory for Chocolate Sundays (HILARIOUS!!!), the infamous Roscoe’s Chicken & Waffles (*whispering* I saw Fa-bo-lo-us there, he is a tiny thing!) and the usual stars on the walk of fame, the Chinese theatre where I snapped a pic with Spongebob that I cant find, etc. so on and so forth. 

I had a really great time and cant wait to go back.  Thanks for welcoming me LA!

1 comment:

  1. yes ur lashes look gawg!!! no open eye shot? either way the smokey purple is so hot on you!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive