Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Truth About Life...

I tried to jump in head first to the world of blogging and the truth is...sometimes life throws you a curveball and you have to maneuver around it.

I have a job, its not in the beauty or fashion industry, but I enjoy coming to work and I enjoy my co-workers. Currently we are facing layoffs, so my job security is anything but secure at this time. Even if I come out of this unscathed, position still intact, it doesnt negate the fact that others will indeed be affected and that, for me, is a tough pill to swallow.

You see, I have never had to go through this before. I have never been fired (I take that back, I worked at Lerner's - yeah before they were NY & Co. back when Landover Mall was open and was doing well there, transferred to the mall near U.M.E.S. during my freshman year of college and was like ok why the hell am I working? College should be fun! So I kinda quit/kinda got fired from there) any time I left a position it was of my own free will. To have that power stripped away from you is quite frightening to say the least.

"The Sig" says we will be ok, and to an extent I know that, but I cant shake the feeling of impending dread, you know? I cant fathom not being able to do what I want to do, go where I wanna go, etc. because we cant afford it. We are far from rich, but we are in a comfortable place and I like that. *sigh*

I share all of this to say that I love my blog. Its my own little piece of cyberspace and I take great pride in it. I have lots of ideas that I want to implement and I have met great people because of it. I apologize for the lack of posts this week but I barely even have an appetite let alone the frame of mind to share my thoughts on beauty products and the like...

I leave you with this - as Valentine's Day approaches, a "holiday" that I dont fret over like others since I feel that the love you have for someone should be shown any day, every day, I reflect on the love that I have around me. The love of my crazy azz friends, the love of my family, the love that "the sig" and I share and the love of T&T kid and T&T baby, that unconditional love, cause I know that no matter what happens here at work, that love will be there regardless. There is beauty in that, and I hope you all have tried it for yourselves and know it to be the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive