Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Truth about Covergirl Outlast LipStain

Ello' dahling!

Today I tried Covergirl Outlast Lipstain and the truth is...

I liked it!


I didnt have high hopes for this product initially to tell you the truth (no pun intended). I just didnt see the point, didnt believe the claims and figured it was just another ploy to get the consumers hard earned dollars. Well I can admit when I am wrong and in this case...I was a little bit wrong. Allow me to explain...Covergirl says:

"The water-based colorants of Outlast Lipstain give lips a beautiful, lightweight flush of color that won't come off, lasting for hours without the heavy look or feel of an ordinary lipstick. Its pen-like precision applicator makes it easy to define your lips-just draw on color without any hassle!"

Was the color beautiful? Well beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I thought Flirty Nude (#435) was rather nice. Did it deliver on its promise of not having a heavy look or feel of an ordinary lipstick? Why yes, yes it did deliver. Was the pen-like precision applicator easy to use? Check! Did it last for hours? Uh, no, not in the least. I put it on my hand to swatch and yes I had to rub hard to get it to come off my hand, but it did come off, without water might I add. I also used "the sig" to test its staying power for my amorous readers. I kissed his cheek and you could see a light outline of my lips (to be fair I dont think it was completely dry when I did this), I also kissed him on the lips (TMI? too bad! LOL) and then on the other cheek - this time, no staining. I asked him how he liked it and he said it didnt feel lipsticky and he didnt taste anything. In "the sig" speak, this is a good thing. The pics below show the before and after of my kiss test...
I put it on (#435 Flirty Nude)

Pressed my lips together

And this was after the kissing (*giggle*) see the look of semi-surprise on my face? not too shabby little lipstain!

Here is what #445 Cinnamon Smile looks like on my lips...



Here is a comparison of my natural lip color vs. Cinnamon Smile:

Big difference huh? And lastly...HAND SWATCHES!

The only real critique I have of Covergirl Outlast Lipstain is that it doesnt really last as long as CoverGirl claims unless they were saying it can last for hours if you dont do anything with your lips...also, the color Flirty Nude? Not so much a nude on me, more like a deep berry. I thought the color was really pretty actually, just not nude. I liken the product to that of eating a red popsicle and walking around with the color on your mouth. Kinda sexy if you ask me. This one's a keeper!

7 comments:

  1. Love your post! And, hmmmm, you're making me want to check them out...I think this is the first post I've read where someone has actually posted photos wearing the lipstains! The like both on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok I may have to go and pick these up because I thought they were going to me a waste of time but, they look great on. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks ladies! I didnt really see too many reviews on it either so thats why I wanted to give it a try. Pleasantly surprising little product it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the background! Is that wall paper? I had to read your review 3 times cause I was distracted by the background. It looks like the same pattern on my makeup brush bowl. Back to the actual review…I saw these and walked right by them. I didn’t think it would do anything. I may pick one up during the next CVS sale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Suzie - its a shower curtain from FIngerHut of all places! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going out to get me some girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I share your comment on the nude not being very nude at all. but def very pretty..just not what you traditionally think of as nude :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive