Monday, October 28, 2013

Review: L'oreal Voluminous Butterfly Mascara



This past weekend I took an impromptu quick trip to Charlotte, NC to visit my mom. During a Target excursion I came across this mascara and I have not seen any advertising for it so I picked it up.

L'oreal Voluminous is my favorite mascara anyway because it pumps up lashes big time, a plus for someone like me with super curly lashes who doesn't prefer to wear falsies all the time.

As you can see one side of the brush mimicks a traditional mascara wand that you would see nowadays while the other side is more like a comb.

For me this definitely helped with application.  I did not get instant volume with this formula.  I had to build it up quite a bit and in doing so of course it began to clump on me something terrible.  So much in fact that the mascara crumbs began to fall in my eye. 

The quicker you move the better to avoid drying in between coats.  I would suggest applying the mascara with the brush side then combing through with the other side.

$7.99 at Target

No mascara

1 coat

3 coats

5 coats

7 coats (yes 7, I love mascara)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive