I am so loving this look on Charlize Theron. Luckily I was given the breakdown for her hair which is so in line with the androgyny look that is popular at the moment. Read below for the step by step...
Charlize Theron at the 85th Academy Awards®
HAIR BY CELEBRITY STYLIST ENZO ANGILERI USING WELLA PROFESSIONALS
Inspiration: Enzo explains, “My inspiration came mainly from her short hair, which she cut three months ago for a movie” and is now just grown out to length that can be styled into a sophisticated, yet androgynous look that complements the sleek lines of the Dior haute couture gown. “ I wanted Charlize’s hair to look like she got out of jeans and a t-shirt and put on a gown because the style is so simple and chic.”
Here’s how Enzo got the look:
1. After washing and conditioning, Enzo applied Wella Professionals Natural Volume Styling Mousse to wet hair to direct hair into place.
2. Then blow-dry hair with a diffuser until it’s 100% dry and in place.
3. Rake hair down with a brush following the part and shape of the head, leaving volume at the top of the head.
4. Enzo used Wella Professionals Shape Shift Molding Gum to mold the hair and create a texturized look and feel.
5. Finally, he finished with a light mist of Wella Professionals Shimmer Delight Shine Spray to give hair luminosity on the red carpet.