Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Times They Are a Changing...

I feel like I have done this before but as life ebbs and flows so does this blog...



Started as a beauty blog with reviews, morphed into a diary of my path as an MUA with tips and insider info for emerging artists who like me had to do a lot of research to get the breaks I got as an MUA, added my beauty writing and travels along with videos and basically a mish mash of everything...



Well, as the title says, I feel a change coming on.  I feel like the beauty blogging brigade is doing well.  When I first started reading blogs, over three years ago now, there weren't too many, a good mix but it wasn't an over-saturated market.  And while now I read blogs about pretty much a little bit of everything , I stuck with those that I started with, the ones that were doing it right from the beginning and for the most unselfish reasons - they just genuinely have a love for what they do.  I am also happy to say that I can count them as good friends as well.  Now they have some success yes but they didn't start the blogs in order to get free product and/or invites or notoriety...not gonna open that can of worms but you catch my drift I'm sure...



I feel like I need a change...like I have already made a change and so therefore this blog as you may have to come to know it will also change.  The title of the blog is - Shana Janelle, that's me.  I am not just an MUA, a writer, a beauty and fashion lover, a mother, a fiance, sister, daughter...I dont want the blog that bears my name and likeness to just be a one-sided thing.  I need for it to encompass the whole of me.  I say all this to conclude with this will not be just a beauty blog anymore, or mainly a beauty/mua blog.  It will be about any and everything I want to talk about that day, hour, minute, second.  If you want beauty only then feel free to check me out as the DC Beauty Products Examiner, if you want to know about me living my life in a relationship then check me out on My Modern Fairytale (at least for the next year, possibly longer, we shall see how I feel once the wedding takes place), for everything else, stick around here.

Still posting, just in a different way.  I plan on sprucing up the place a bit as well but it will take a while.  As always I thank you for reading and sticking it out with me and again I have not forgotten about the giveaway for my followers!  It will be grand, just wait and see! *wink*

3 comments:

  1. YAY for changes! I feel the same way. As much as I love beauty, I also want to blog about other stuff and things happening in my life. I am looking forward to the new direction of your blog
    I will also follow your relationship blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to yours as well Amina - I already love that you are going bilingual. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blog and I'll support any changes you make girl... just don't stop writing :)

    Change is good!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive