Sunday, January 2, 2011

Welcome to 2011! Whats in store?

I hope that everyone enjoyed ringing in the New Year!  I spent the time relaxing at home with my family and chatting on Twitter.  I had grand plans of doing a NYE look video for YouTube but so did everyone else and a LOT of them featured glitter so I opted out.  I DID however do a look today to celebrate the bold way we enter into a new year - full of ambition, not afraid to take chances, focused on the promise of an improved existence. 

So the look is the first in a series that I will call - Go Bold, or Go Home!  Think color, makeup myths and just fun fun fun!  Makeup is not meant to be stuffy and put in a box for all to fit into.  I want to explore the other side of beauty in the new year.  Here is a sneak peek at the look:

This look also starts Day 1 of Tia's fun challenge of 365 Lip Looks.  We are to challenge ourselves to rock a different lip look each day of this year and document it.  Feel free to join in and share the looks either on your blog, via Twitter or Facebook.  For those saying/thinking I dont even have 365 lipsticks/glosses, fear not - when you combine the products you have you can create new ones!  You can use pigments with gloss, shadow over lipbalm, rock liner all over your lip and nothing else - challenge yourself to think outside that box, I implore you!

For those that do not know I was accepted into the Crystal Wright Live 2011 Internship Class along with a group of other amazing women in different walks of the fashion and beauty industry.  I will update my progress here on the blog and my Twitter account but you can also follow all of the Dream Team members by subscribing to our Twitter list.  I am so very excited to be working with and learning from Crystal Wright as well as each of my fellow interns!

In a couple of weeks I will be taking a class hosted by Elevate Artists featuring Celebrity Hairstylist and Makeup Artist Daven Mayeda.  The class is On Set Hairstyling for Make Up Artists and I am BEYOND excited.  Stay tuned for updates and behind the scenes info from that.

I plan on continuing the blog, doing more videos (even talking more in some HA!), continuing to further my knowledge as a makeup artist while adding to the services I provide and just investing more into myself and my family.  I hope you all have your eyes set on a prosperous and fulfilling new year and cheers to each and every one of us as we embark on a new journey.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your internship! Your year is starting out on an amazing course, my friend. I cannot tell you how happy I am for you. Continue to look forward, hone your craft and be the best you that you can be! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive