Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Diary of an MUA - shooting with more than one model




The image above is from a shoot I did about a month or so ago.  Its for a media management company that is starting up in 2010.  As you can see there were 6 female models...what you dont see is the additional 8 male models O_O!  Yes it was a long, long day and yes there was just little ol' me to handle all of the models aside from the hairstylist.  I did (thankfully) have an assistant that day but she was only able to stay for a few hours but her help was GREATLY appreciated.

I just wanted to share this because I had to learn the hard way about the importance of planning for any and everything that could happen.  In the past I have gone on a shoot with no help, I have pulled it off but I couldve focused more on my final look and my back wouldve been a lot more happy if I had someone along with me to just maybe even clean my brushes in between models!  This time I did and even though still hectic I cant even imagine how much moreso it wouldve been without my friends help.

Plan, plan, plan and then plan some more!  In these instances it pays to be a bit obsessive compulsive and you will be able to enjoy the fruits of your labor!

1 comment:

Blog Archive