Tuesday, September 15, 2009

#NYFWMUC - 9/15/09 - Black Lips Edition

So today's inspiration came from all of the bold lip looks we are seeing from NYFW this go round'.  I originally wanted to do an orange lip (that MAC Orange lipmix is CALLING me :armscratch) but I knew I had to help facilitate a meeting today and didnt want the attendees to look at me crazy so I opted to go with a darker tone but not too much - in comes Lancome and Afrobella to the rescue!

Back in July the beautiful Afrobella held a giveaway on her site for the Lancome Color Fever Gloss in Piha Black - check it here - so every once in a blue moon I enter a giveaway on a whim and this was one of those times.  You had to create a look around the lipgloss, I was feeling froggy so I jumped!  Check out the post to see what I chose as my look...well lo and behold I actually was one of the three winners! GO ME, GO ME! :cabbagepatch

I was so excited and still am as may already be evident.  So since I wanted to pay an homage to Fall and be a bit bold with the look today, I broke it out.  Check me out below to see how I pulled it together...

THE TOOLS

The Brows
Face Atelier Pro Foundation - #9
Laura Geller Baked Liner Duo - Creme Brulee/Dutch Chocolate (Dutch Chocolate was used)

The Eyes
NYX Mosaic Powder Blush - Truth
Urban Decay Baked Palette - the darkest color, cant think of the name right now...(used in the crease a little)
Revlon Double Twist Mascara - Blackest Black

The Face
MUFE Mat Velvet + - #170
MAC Studio Fix - NW45
NYX Mosaic Powder Blush - Love (and these blushes are LOVE)

The Lips
Essence of Beauty Lip Frosting - Strawberry Cheesecake
Lancome Color Fever Gloss - Piha Black

THE LOOK!
do you see how the flash picks up on the sparkle in the gloss?  How bout' yeah?!
Some people see black and get all bent outta shape but from looking at this picture you can see that it isnt too much, its just about right actually. 

4 comments:

  1. Ooh I love it! It looks so pretty on you and not "goth". It would on me, I'm practically see through! :P

    Your hair looks amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! this is one of the best black lip looks i've seen. hands down you won! congrats! i'm loving the series/challenge. wish i had known... but then again.. the blog JUST came back! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Vex - thank you!

    @ Lisa - now now dont say that! LOL Try it out because its really sheer, you can build the color to make it darker and thank you!

    @ Yummy - why thank you my dear! yes you are back in action so start your own challenge, you know I'm in! And I dont think all the participants are doing blogs about the challenge, some just posted pics to Twitter.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive