Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Truth About Moon Sand...

We pause from reviewing beauty products to explore another purchase I made not too long ago...


Remember when you were younger, oh say about elementary school age, and everytime a commercial for some new toy came on TV you just HAD to have it? Well if you were anything like me you would run to tell your mom and promptly have your little dreams crushed when she replied with either "girl I am NOT buying that mess" or "you have enough toys already" or the hopeful "we will see", even though you still knew you were not getting it.

Anyway, my son is five years old, and he is at that stage. Every single commercial that comes on TV for a new toy or cereal or whatever, he just has to have it. Good thing for him I remember back when I used to do the same thing and a lot of the time I am interested in if the claims about the product are true, note to readers, Blendy Pens are SO not worth the money...

So anyway around Christmas he was writing his list of toys he wanted and one of the MUST HAVE items was Moon Sand. Now I had never heard of it, so I had to hit up Google. I didnt do too much research because it was getting down to the wire and I needed to get my shopping done. So I just looked at it, made a mental note of what it looked like and went on my merry little way.

Christmas morning, oh man was he excited to see the Moon Sand! That put a huge smile on my face, so of course he wants to break it open and I agree because I want to play with it too. Now mind you I am thinking this stuff is going to be some kind of new innovative product that is less messy than Play-doh because the claims were that you can use it over and over again. Boy was I wrong. Let's view the evidence shall we?

Notice how the little kids are having so much fun and the bricks for the castle are so neat and defined and all one color and the colors are not mixing? Yeah, well...


This is what it looked like in our house...what in the pinkish, purple, dirty mixed up mess is this? Yes the colors came separate but...I don't know. I was just extra pissed trying to first of all keep all this SAND (yes it is called Moon SAND, but I for some reason didn't think REAL SAND) in this tiny little sandbox that it comes with that you have to blow up, that doesn't hold air for nothing. *sigh* How come it doesn't look nice and neat like the kids in the picture????

You will never hear me talk bad about Play-doh EVER! I will gladly purchase Play-doh from now on.

We tried Moon Sand and the truth is...I threw the whole thing in the trash and my son doesnt even realize its gone.

2 comments:

  1. or how bout when moon sand gets in your carpet because your children refuse to "do the right thing" * cuts a side eye at madisyn and brooklyn* Moon sand and playdoh are banned from my house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL See I didnt let him use it in the carpeted areas of the house. Only on the hardwood but still. A MESS!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRR

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive