Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Licorice lips with Inglot (hautecore alternative)

So I recently moved and as I continue to unpack I am discovering once forgotten clothing, shoes and makeup!  I suspect that is the only plus to moving.

Anyway, when Hautecore by MAC released on Black Friday I resisted the urge.  I had seen swatches that didn't quite move me and also after my disappointment in Grey Friday well I just couldn't be so bothered.

The other day while sorting through my makeup closet (yes I now have a whole closet dedicated just to makeup smh) a little black pencil caught my eye...


I remember purchasing this from the Times Square location of Inglot but at the time the artist who assisted me used it as an eyeshadow base.


Well I got extra excited because of course this was gonna be perfect for my matte black lip!

I didn't know when I would wear it until the day of my holiday party rolled around.  Once I was dressed I didn't want a bright lip or red and as I contemplated using Cyber I remembered my Inglot pencil.  And so...


So this pencil is definitely black and absolutely matte!  I would urge you to exfoliate prior to application and to use a lip balm as well.  

The good thing though about a matte lip is the minimal touch ups needed.  I had a number of glasses of champagne and wine and the food was outstanding so you know I ate; I only touched up my lips once the whole night.  So I would say 6 hours of wear with one touchup = a win!

Good News: The Inglot AMC Lip Pencil is sold in stores and online (www.inglotusa.com).  And it's currently on sale!



Bad News: This particular shade is #35 and I do not see it on the site.  I'd suggest calling the store or emailing via the site to see if it's still in stock.

If for some reason it isn't and you want the matte black look try going for a creamy black liner (eyeliner will work).  Try the Milani Liquif'Eye eye liner pencil in #01-Black or MAC liner in Smolder or Feline.




4 comments:

  1. Excellent post Bookie...I was just thinking of the wear.. Im sold...and u rocked it out of course

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I used smolder and it too was matte.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your narrowed down stash has grown back into a closet full? how'd that happen? ;) love the black lip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had stuff in storage too Kia!!! :-( I forgot about it and STILL gave stuff away but STILL have more, its a vicious cycle

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive