Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Scent-sational Surprises from Coty

As a beauty lover, I admittedly was never that into fragrance.  I would wear whatever I had in sight while getting ready but I wasn't as clued into the latest trends the same way I can be with beauty products.

My senses were recently shocked back into life with two fragrances in particular: Bottega Veneta and Balenciaga L'essence.  Both spoke to me instantly upon first spray, while conveying different messages.




While both appeal to my affinity for more sensual, woodsy scents with a hint of robust panache, they are feminine enough to be able to wear both daily and in the daytime or for an evening out on the town.

Bottega Veneta is the more gutsy of the two, unapollegitically displaying its deeper notes with a more sweet finish while the Balenciaga fragrance adds a more crisp lilt. 




I received a number of compliments while wearing the L'essence last week but as you can see by the images I use both equally as often. 




Fragrance for me is like adding accessories to your outfit; that last touch, the exclamation point to your final look.  If you are on a budget, fragrance is also a way to make that final touch be a designer touch.  The same care and attention to detail that these designers put into their fashion can be seen in their scents from the packaging to the last note that wafts past your nose.

I am now excited to add to my fragrance wardrobe.







Bottega Veneta is available for $130 for 2.5 oz at Neiman Marcus and other speciality stores, Balenciaga also retalis for $130.  The Balenciaga fragrance is also available in candle form.  Here is a link to a behind the scenes video from the L'Essence campaign featuring actress Charlotte Gainsbourg and Balenciaga designer Nicolas Ghesquiere

Disclosure: I was provided a sample of this product to try.  The views expressed in this post are my own and in no way influenced by said sample

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive