Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Truth About The Mineralista Skittles Collection

SOUR RASPBERRY

MANGO

KIWI LIME
CHILLI BERRY
BLUE RASPBERRY
BERRY PUNCH
BANANA BERRY



Hello everyone! My apologies for the lack of posts as of late but its been a very trying time in my neck of the woods. Thankfully my mood was lifted yesterday once I discovered my package from The Mineralista!
I first learned of The Skittles Collection via Xsparkage on Twitter. Yeah the colors looked nice and vibrant on her but how well would the color pay off be on a woman of color such as myself (NC50 right now to be exact in MAC terms)? Well as you can see its not that bad! The swatches above were done using no base and no mixing medium, just my eye and the loose pigments.
It looks like Chilli Berry and Sour Raspberry are the same right? In real life however (in the containers) they look slightly different. Maybe it was my camera or my skin, who knows. I am sure one of my friends will take it off my hands either way.
All I did was the swatches but I do plan on banging out a video since I have two looks in mind for these babies so stay tuned for that. I will also have a post with the swatches from the Peacock Collection up soon. BEAUTIFUL!
I TRIED The Mineralista Skittles Collection and the TRUTH is I say it was well worth the money. For $20 I was able to get the Skittles Collection as well as the Peacock Collection INCLUDING express shipping! You can NOT beat that! I swear by ordering sample sizes for any and everything I can and this was way before the economy took a nosedive. You get to try every color under the sun (at least in pigments) without breaking the bank. I would definitely say to use these with a base for them to adhere to as well as a mixing medium of some sort or MAC Fix +. The formulation is very finely milled and seem to be even more so than MAC or the L'oreal HIP Pigments.
So go on over and check out The Mineralista and tell her Shana sent you, or not, whatever just check her out. LOL


2 comments:

  1. I apologize again everyone - I dont know what the deal is with my layout. Trust I edited the layout of this post about five times now and the spacing just wants to rebel so Im going to let it do its thing. Hope you enjoy the post anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the post. Those are some pretty colors. I like the purple one the best, but then again I'm probably being biased, because purple is my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive